- Pico de Gallo
- 6 fresh tomatoes, diced
- 1 fresh jalapeno pepper, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 15-ounce can whole, peeled tomatoes, drained and coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup lime juice
- Bread Chips
- 2 loaves Asiago cheese bread, sliced ½ inch thick
- 4 tablespoons (½ stick) butter, melted
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- Salt to taste
Pico de Gallo:
1. In a large, non-reactive bowl, combine the fresh tomatoes, jalapeno, cilantro, onion, garlic, cumin, and sugar.
2. Add the canned tomatoes and lime juice and combine.
3. Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Lay the slices on a baking sheet. Brush lightly with melted butter and sprinkle bread with garlic and salt.
3. Bake for 20 minutes. Cool chips on the baking sheet.
4. Serve with pico de gallo.
TIP: Store leftovers in an airtight container or resealable bag.