- 1 ½ tablespoons red wine vinegar or raspberry vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup sour cherry preserves
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ½ garlic clove, minced
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh basil
- 1 small head radicchio (8 ounces), cut lengthwise into eighths and sliced crosswise
- 2 small heads Belgian endive (8 ounces), halved lengthwise and chopped crosswise
- 5 ounces frisée or spring mix
- ¼ cup slivered almonds
- 3 ounces Parmesan cheese, shaved with a vegetable peeler
- ½ Panera Bread French Baguette, sliced
1. Put the vinegar in a medium mixing bowl and whisk in oil in a thin, steady stream until incorporated. Whisk in the preserves, mustard, garlic, salt, pepper, and basil. Use immediately, or refrigerate for up to 2 days.
2. Add radicchio and endive to the bowl and toss to coat.
3. Divide the frisée or spring mix among 6 salad plates.
4. Spoon the radicchio, endive, and any dressing remaining from the bowl over the salad. Top with the almonds and Parmesan. Serve with the sliced Panera Bread French baguette.
TIP: Change the flavor of the vinaigrette by using peach, apricot or orange preserves.
Nutrition (per serving): 311 calories, 11 g protein, 35 g carbohydrate, 15 g fat, 10 mg cholesterol, 605 mg sodium, 3 g dietary fiber