- 8 ounces (about 1 1/8 cups) dried green or brown lentils
- 3 cups water
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese 1 cup peeled and chopped carrots ½ cup dried cherries
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
- Citrus Dressing
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ¼ cup almond oil or extra virgin olive oil
- Grated zest of ½ orange
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 Panera Bread Whole Grain Miche, sliced and toasted
1. Bring lentils, water, garlic, and bay leaf to a boil in a medium saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until lentils are just tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Drain any excess water and discard garlic and bay leaf. Transfer lentils to a medium bowl and let cool 10 minutes.
2. Stir in cheese, carrots, cherries, almonds, and onion.
1. Put orange juice and lemon juice in a small bowl. Whisk in oil in a slow, steady stream. Whisk in orange zest, salt, pepper, mint, and parsley.
2. Pour dressing over salad and toss to coat. Serve with Panera Bread Whole Grain Miche toasted (and buttered, if you like).