- 4 tablespoons (½ stick) salted butter
- 3 large crimini mushrooms, thinly sliced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 large eggs
- 2 slices Sourdough Bread, toasted
- ¼ cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated, loosely packed
1. In a medium sauté pan over medium-high heat, heat 2 tablespoons of the butter. Sauté the sliced mushrooms with salt and pepper for about 3 to 5 minutes, until most of the liquid has cooked out. Remove from pan and wipe clean.
2. In the same sauté pan, heat the remaining butter over medium-high heat and crack both eggs into the hot pan, being careful not to break the yolks. Season with salt and pepper. When the egg whites begin to turn opaque and bubble on the sides, gently flip the eggs over. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes longer. Top one slice of toast with the eggs, sautéed mushrooms, and grated cheese. Top with the other slice of bread and enjoy.
TIP: Our favorite way to do this sandwich is to only partially cook the egg yolk so when you bite into the sandwich, the yolk oozes out over the cheese, mushrooms, and bread.