- 12 ounces dried gemelli
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 8 ounces thin asparagus spears, cut into 1-inch lengths on a diagonal
- ¾ cup fresh or frozen peas
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced on a diagonal
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined, thawed if frozen
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Zest and juice of ½ lemon
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, plus extra for garnish
- 4 ounces grape tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 1/3 cup pitted green olives, coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
- ½ loaf Panera Bread Three Cheese Bread, sliced and toasted
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook until tender yet chewy, 6 to 8 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon of oil in large, deep skillet over medium heat. Add asparagus, peas, scallions, and garlic, and cook 1 minute.
3. Season shrimp with salt and pepper and add to pan along with lemon zest and juice. Cook until bright pink, 2 minutes.
4. Drain pasta, reserving 3/4 cup pasta water. Add pasta and pasta water to pan along with Parmesan, stirring until creamy. Stir in tomatoes, olives, and 2 tablespoons of basil.
5. Divide among plates and garnish with remaining 2 tablespoons basil and Parmesan. Serve with toasted Panera Bread Three Cheese Bread.
TIP: Gemelli is a twisted short pasta, but you can use any short, shaped pasta for this dish. Try cavatappi, cut fusilli, or penne instead.