- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 ounces day-old Panera Bread Focaccia or French Baguette, cubed
- 6 ripe tomatoes (garden variety or heirlooms), cored, seeded, and chopped
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- ½ small red onion, finely chopped
- ½ cup chopped fresh basil
1. Put the vinegar in a very large serving bowl. Gradually whisk in the oil in a slow steady stream until it is incorporated and slightly thickened. Whisk in the garlic, salt, and pepper. Add the bread, tomatoes, cucumber, onion, and basil.
2. Toss until well coated and let stand at room temperature for 20 minutes before serving. Keeps refrigerated for up to 2 days.
TIP: If your focaccia is fresh and soft, cube it as directed, then dry the cubes for 10 minutes on a baking sheet in a 300ºF oven.