- 8 thick slices Panera White Whole Grain bread
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 8 thin slices Swiss cheese
- 4 thin slices deli ham
- 4 thin slices roast turkey breast
- 4 large eggs
- ½ cup milk
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 tablespoons butter
1. Spread 4 bread slices with a thin swath of mustard. Layer on a slice each of cheese, ham, turkey, and a final slice of cheese. Top with remaining bread slices and compact the sandwich gently with your hands.
2. In a shallow dish, whisk together eggs, milk, salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
3. Dip each sandwich in egg mixture, turning carefully until well coated.
4. Melt butter in a large skillet or griddle over medium-low heat. When hot, add sandwiches, and cook until golden brown on both sides, 3 to 4 minutes per side.
5. Cut on a diagonal and serve immediately.
TIP: Dust the sandwiches with confectioners’ sugar if you like.