1 1/2 Panera Bread Orange Scones, crumbled
1 tablespoon sugar
3 tablespoons melted butter, unsalted
2 pounds Panera Bread Reduced-Fat Plain Cream Cheese Spread, or other reduced-fat plain cream cheese
1/2 cup light sour cream
1 1/2 cups sugar
4 egg yolks
1 tablespoon grated orange zest
2 tablespoons orange juice
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
6 egg whites
1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
1. Coat a 10-inch springform pan with cooking spray.
2. In a food processor, pulverize scones and sugar to fine crumbs (you should have about 1 1/2 cups). With the machine running, drizzle melted butter through the feeding tube just until crumbs are evenly moist (mixture will not form a ball but remain crumbly).
3. Turn mixture out into prepared pan. Using your fingers, evenly distribute crumbs over the bottom and slightly up the sides of the pan, gently pressing them into an even thickness.
4. Wrap foil around the outside of the bottom of the pan to help prevent any leaks from the cheesecake. Cover and freeze for at least 1 hour or up to 2 days.
1. Preheat oven to 325ºF.
2. Using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat the cream cheese, sour cream, and sugar until smooth, about 3 minutes. Add egg yolks one at a time, beating thoroughly after each addition. Beat in orange zest, orange juice, lemon juice, and vanilla.
3. Using clean beaters and a clean bowl, whip the egg whites and cream of tartar on low speed until combined, 1 minute. Increase speed to high and whip until mixture forms stiff peaks when beaters are lifted, 2 to 3 minutes. Gently fold into the cream cheese mixture until just a few fluffs of white remain.
4. Pour mixture into the frozen crust, smoothing the top. Bake until puffed, lightly browned and set on sides but still with a little jiggle in the center, 50 to 60 minutes. Prop open the oven door, turn off the heat, and let rest in the oven for 1 hour. Cake will rise in the oven, but then will settle back down upon cooling. Remove to a wire rack and cool to room temperature.
5. Cover and refrigerate at least 6 hours or up to 3 days before serving.
TIP: You can replace the Panera Bread Orange Scones with 1 1/2 cups of butter cookie crumbs and 1/4 cup of melted butter combined in a food processor. Either crust can be made ahead and frozen for up to 2 days. The entire cheesecake can also be baked and refrigerated for up to 3 days before serving.
Nutrition (per serving): 407 calories, 11 g protein, 41 g carbohydrate, 22 g fat, 138