- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon ground chipotle chilies
- ½ cup pitted green olives, roughly chopped
- 1 can (14 ½ ounces) diced tomatoes
- ½ pound medium-sized shell pasta
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
- ¼ cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
1. In a large, heavy skillet over medium heat, warm the oil. Add the garlic, crushed red pepper, and chipotle chilies. Cook, stirring, for 30 seconds, or until fragrant. Stir in the olives and tomatoes (with their juices). Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, for about 10 minutes, or until lightly thickened. Season to taste with salt.
2. Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain and transfer to the skillet. Add the basil, parsley, and lemon juice, and toss to mix well.
338 calories, 9 g protein, 50 g carbohydrate, 12 g fat, 578 mg sodium, 5 g dietary fiber