- 8 ounces cooked shrimp
- 8 ounces cooked lump crabmeat
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup finely chopped celery
- 2 scallions, trimmed and chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon crab boil seasoning, such as Old Bay
- 4 tablespoons butter, unsalted
- 6 thick slices Panera White Whole Grain bread
- 6 small butter lettuce or Bibb lettuce leaves, optional
1. Combine the shrimp, crabmeat, mayonnaise, celery, scallions, lemon juice, dill, and crab boil seasoning in a bowl.
2. Melt the butter in a large skillet or griddle over medium heat. Add the bread and rotate and flip it to coat both sides with butter. Toast in the skillet or griddle until lightly browned, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
3. Spoon the mixture in a column down the center of the bread, adding the lettuce leaves, if desired. Fold the bread around the filling as for a hot dog on a bun. Serve immediately.
TIP: Look for canned pasteurized crabmeat in the refrigerated seafood case at your market.